Walking Football is the sport we love played at a walking pace. Adults of all abilities are welcome to join in and have fun playing sport in a non-competitive, sociable, friendly environment.
We will be at the prestigious Claygate Recreation Ground every Monday 10.30-11.30and you can join us for a coffee at Pistachio'
It is ‘traditionally’ seen as a game for over 50s in men, however, by looking at the game by age or gender, you might exclude potential participants, such as players in their late 40s with health issues, younger players returning from injury or referrals from Health Care Providers.
In fact many different age groups are playing Walking Football, due to the non-contact nature of the game and because no running is allowed.
What you need to know about playing Walking Football:
- Above head height restriction on ball
- Deflection above head height by goalkeeper – ball retained by keeper
- No heading the ball
- All free kicks indirect
- Whistle stops and resumes play – no quick free kicks
- No direct goal from a kick-off or any dead ball situation
- All free kicks have defenders 3-metres distant
- Players may not play the ball whilst grounded – to include slide tackling, slide blocks
- Cornering a player is not permitted – allow the opponent to turn
- No 2 vs 1 tackling at barriers/wall
- No tackling across an opponent at a wall/barrier
- Playing with reckless or dangerous intent is an infringement
- One-step penalty kicks
- No restriction on passing back or out from the goalkeeper
- Sin Bin time out for any three same or variety of infringement
- Zero tolerance on disrespectful conduct towards the referee
*Source the Walking Football Association*
Walking football offers a multitude of health benefits to older people such as reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke while improving blood pressure.
Positive changes in postural balance, blood pressure and resting heart rate, lowered cholesterol, improved blood sugar levels, bone density, and improving reactions, whilst slashing the odds of suffering from type 2 diabetes – all indicators of general good health.
DECLARATION - Before booking please read the following
“I agree to adhere to all guidelines set out to keep us all safe and hereby give my consent to attend the Walking Football sessions, personal data will also be stored for health and safety reasons.
I will inform Platform Sports Coaching immediately if I suspect I am showing symptoms of COVID-19.
10:30 - 11:30
£5 Pay as you play
Covid Cancellation Refund protection policy
Claygate Recreation Ground, 1-12 Church Rd., Esher, England KT10 0JP, United Kingdom
We are delighted to launch our new booking system for wraparound care programmes which includes Breakfast club, afterschool club & Activity camps at all school facilities. In order to book you must register for a new account with Magic booking.